Any vehicle registered in the UK that is over 3 years old is required by law to be tested annually. Having a MOT is different from a service and is important to note that a MOT would not involve checks on your vehicles general mechanical condition.
At Auto-Pro-Fit we want you to have an easy MOT experience.Once we quote you your MOT price we will book your vehicle into our Vehicle Inspectorate (insert link) approved centre. A qualified Auto Pro-Fit MOT tester will then take your vehicle to our testing station where it will be throughly inspected.
What we will check in your MOT
- Body, vehicle structure and general items
- Fuel Systems
- Exhaust emissions
- Exhaust system
- Load security
- Tyres and wheels
- Registration plates
- Wipers and washers
- Steering and suspension
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
The result of your MOT can one of the following:
Pass – your vehicle has met the minimum road safety and environmental standards as required by law. You may also receive ‘minor’ or ‘advisory’ problems with your vehicle that have been picked up by the MOT test. To ensure that none of these problems worsen Auto Pro-Fit recommends these are fixed.
Fail – this means that your vehicle has failed the MOT with ‘dangerous’ or ‘major’ problems listed with your vehicle. You might not be allowed to drive until these issues have been fixed. Additionally you may also receive a further list of ‘minor’ or ‘advisory’ problems that attention must be paid to.
Auto Pro-Fit is offering a discounted service if your MOT and Service are due at the same time. Please enquire within.
MOT Class 4, & 7
You may find that not all MOT test centre's are able to conduct larger classes of MOT tests. At Auto Pro-Fit we are able to provide MOTs for the following class of vehicle:
- Class IV – cars, motor caravans, goods vehicles up to 3000 kg gross weight, minibuses (with no more than 12 passenger seats)
- Class VII – goods vehicles (between 3000 kg & 3500 kg in gross weight, usually vans including long wheel-based vehicles.
To book a MOT speak to a member by today on 01902 863641.
How to avoid failing your MOT
To ensure you bring your vehicle to Auto Pro-Fit in the best possible condition, here are some tips for you avoid failing your MOT.
- Ensure the tyre pressure and tyre tread depth (1.6mm) is correct for your vehicle.
- Have a look at the wiper blades for any damage and remove anything that may obstruct your view.
- Check all lights in the vehicle – headlights, brake lights, brake lights, fog lights, brake lights, rear lights, hazard lights and indicator lights - are working correctly
- Make sure the inside of your vehicle such as the brakes, handbrake and steering wheel are working properly.
- All the car mirrors should be secure and not broken.
- Check if the horn is working loud and clear.
- Your registration plate must be readable and in good condition. If you own a personalised number plate, ensure it meets the DVLA’s requirements.
- The VIN (vehicle identification number) should match the VIN number in your car’s log book (V5C registration certificate)
- Check that all warning lights on your dash are working correctly.
- Look at your petrol/diesel filler cap and the seal around and inspect if there is any damage.
To book a MOT or to speak to a member call 01902 863641 today or visit our autocentre (insert link to contact page with address)